Innercept is a residential program located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, designed to help struggling teens and young adults improve their mental health utilizing an Integral Psychology approach. Offering a wide continuum of programming, Innercept’s team of caring, experienced professionals, working full-time in the programs, provide treatment in scenic, peaceful environments.
- Maintain a physically and emotionally safe environment
- Create order out of chaos, inside and outside
- Work hard; work together
- Acknowledge that everyone has something to contribute; everyone has the right to be heard
- Encourage positive communication and feedback among staff, residents, families, and neighbors
- Encourage others to explore their dreams and actualize their potential
Based on holistic principles, the Innercept programs utilize Integral Psychology to provide a treatment approach compatible with each individual’s aptitude in mind.
Tailor-made therapeutic and academic plans that are provided in a thorough, thoughtful manner as the team identifies each individual’s strengths on which they can build.
We view family support as a vital component, therefore; our parents play a large role in the treatment process. The team works to improve the relationships between residents and their family members. One way is through on-going phone family therapy and psycho educational work with parents.
Adolescent, Young Adult, Young Adult Transition, Aftercare, and Stabilization Programs are designed to empower youth as they explore their role in their family, peer group, community and world. Innercept provides a wide continuum of care, enabling residents to move into more or less structure based on functioning.
Family-style living environments that are nurturing and supportive and help create a sense of “Order Out of Chaos”, which is one of the program values.
Empathetic, caring professionals provide a sophisticated treatment approach while garnering input from the whole team, consisting of a multidisciplinary group of experienced psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and others.
- Mood Disorder, Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders, OCD, Panic Disorder and Social Anxiety
- Adoption and Attachment Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or related diagnoses
- Strained relationships with parents and authority figures
- Decline in academic performance
- ADD/ADHD issues
- Anger Management
- Eating Disorders
- Thought Disorders
- Executive Functioning Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Negative peer Relationships
- Somatoform Disorders
- Gaming Addictions
- Technology Addictions
Starting The Journey
- Thank you again to the Staff at Innercept for making the transition of placement a painless one! The staff reached out to us immediately and facilitated the process with ease, assisting at every step of the way. We needed to find an appropriate placement ASAP and Innercept worked diligently to meet all of our needs. Our experience with admissions personnel was exceptional and her dedication was truly appreciated.Ashley, Legal Assistant
As a parent with a young person who made good progress at Innercept, and is now living independently as a young adult, I want to strongly recommend this program. She went from a conflicted, mood disordered, dependent, and very unhappy young person, uncertain of who she was and unable to manage (in any extended way) at school or in life, to someone who is coping with difficulties in the modern world, while also seeing the value of the treatment she needs. She is also someone who had naively made some dangerous past choices, now seen more clearly. Of course, the life journey continues, and not every problem is fully solved. Yet in this setting, which was caring, safe, nurturant while demanding, and socially responsible (promoting concern with relationships, community, and the broader world, not just one’s own issues), she could move from more to less restrictive levels, based on her own well-documented personal progress, while learning healthier ways to live. She stabilized, blossomed, found and gave support, progressed in school, learned skills for getting a job, and had the space to make a few mistakes, while having the safety net to recover from them. The clinical support was excellent, including support and communication with parents. I feel deeply for parents whose young people are hurting and who have to make these hard choices, but this is a strong option to consider carefully.
Mother of Young Adult
- Meeting other young adults that are facing similar challenges made our daughter feel that she isn’t alone, and these friendships helped her develop and improve her social skills. As a result, our daughter is a much happier confident young lady, and she is well prepared to face the world.Parents of DaughterYoung Adult Program
Our journey has been long and painful, but the results are impressive. We are well aware that our daughter’s challenges are far from over. We are confident however, that her new skills will carry her through whatever the future may bring. Thank you to the entire Innercept team for making this transformation possible!
Parents of Adolescent Resident
- Parents, You will now be given a chance to breathe. As a parent myself I know what it feels like to be where you are. I was afraid for my child, confused with the system and unsure of the next step to take. When my child went to Innercept I found support and caring for my child and our family. We live out of state, yet had EVERY week a phone session with our child (mom, dad and sometimes sibling). The therapist treated our family respectfully and caringly, even when our child did not. Yes we had some difficult sessions and our kid left the room, stormed out and yelled. Still we went back to it each week. It was not a smooth ride, but, I never felt alone or afraid going through it with Innercept’s help. You do deserve the chance to breathe, all of you will feel and do better for it.Father
The Lesson I Learned at Innercept…I am convinced that life is not so much about what happens to us, but rather how we respond to the situations and people we encounter. You may stumble, fall or even have to crawl for a while, but there will be people who will, come along to dust you off and send you on your way again. I have found that life consists of making mistakes, learning from them and striving to be your best self. We must remember that we are merely human and therefore will not always accomplish what we set out to do. This much I now know…failure is inevitable, perfection ins impossible, success is measurable, happiness is attainable and I…I am able.
Former Young Adult Resident