Ingredients: Directions: INGREDIENTS: DIRECTIONS: Ingredients: Instructions: Enjoy!
Recipe of the Week
– Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Almonds –
3/4 pound campanelle or penne
4 red or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
kosher salt and black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Scrape the charred skin from the peppers with a paring knife and wipe clean with paper towels.. Cut the flesh into 1-inch pieces.
4. Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
– Italian Leafy Green Salad –
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 15 Minutes
2 cups romaine lettuce – torn, washed and dried
3 cups Spring mix
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
12 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, spring mix, scallions, red pepper, green pepper and cherry tomatoes.
2. Whisk together the grapeseed oil, basil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss and serve immediately.
– No-Bake Coconut Bars –
Makes 6-8 Bars
• 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• 1/4 cup agave or pure maple syrup
• 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/8 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Squish into any small container and refrigerate for an hour before trying to cut. (Or freeze for 15 minutes.) Bars can be stored in the fridge or freezer, for at least a few weeks.